Compiling the sources
- Unpack the sources: 'tar xfvz xmms-kde-3.1.tar.gz'
- Change to the directory that was created: 'cd xmms-kde-3.1'
- Run the configure script: './configure'. You can specify some options (e.g. ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3 or --prefix=/home/$USER/.kde to install into your home directory). Be sure to configure xmms-kde with the same prefix as KDE (most likely /usr), or your home directory. You can get help on configure by typing './configure --help'. If configure complains that it can't find Qt or KDE, install the development packages.
- Compile xmms-kde: 'make'
- Install xmms-kde: 'make install'. Be sure to 'su' to root first if you don't want to install xmms-kde into your home directory
- Click on the KDE panel with your right mousebutton, and select 'Add -> Applets -> Xmms-Kde'
Installing a binary RPM package
- 'su' to root
- 'rpm -Uvh xmms-kde-3.1.rpm'